Is There a Better Way to Background Check Tenants?
The Answer is Tenant Screening with The Weil Law Group, PA
Have you consistently been getting bad tenants? People who won’t pay rent or break all the rules? If the answer to these questions is yes, you may have a tenant screening problem. Tons of landlords do. When your busy handling the bookkeeping, the maintenance, and all the other headaches that come with being a landlord, you just don’t have time to screen tenants as thoroughly as you should and make sure they are a good fit.
That is where The Weil Law Group, PA can come in to help you as a landlord. When you have interest from a prospective tenant, have them fill out one of our application and background check approval forms, along with providing you a check or money order payable to The Weil Law Group, PA to cover the cost of screening. Alternatively, they can always pay online using our online payment portal and you can even have them complete the entire form digitally. As soon as we get that information we will get to work.
Once we receive the application, we will perform a thorough and comprehensive background check including things like criminal background, credit, and past legal and rental history, as well as confirming employment. Then, we will use our proprietary system to determine whether or not the tenant is appropriate for your property, and if so what level of security deposit you should request. We provide you with a concise written report providing you a recommendation on whether to accept or deny the tenant, the reasons for that recommendation, and a recommended security deposit amount. Here are just a few of the things we check that most other companies don’t:
- Rental History
- How often has this person moved around. Does their address history align with what was listed on their rental application?
- Past Civil Court Records
- More then just evictions, we look to see if their are any lawsuits or other civil court information out their that would indicate that they have a tendency to be a problem tenant. If they have sued their past three landlords, you probably want to avoid them.
- Employment Verification
- Are they working where they say they are? We will verify the employment they are reporting.
- Basic Social Media Screening (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- We will do a basic search of social media profiles and provide you with copies of anything you may want to consider.
- Verification of Proof of Income
- We verify the accuracy of proof of income documents using a multi-step verification process.
And unlike other services who don’t stand by there tenant recommendations, we do. That is why if you have us screen your tenants, we will cover the costs of a simple eviction* (including service of notices and court costs) should a landlord need to remove a tenant for any reason related to the tenant’s violation of the lease or non-payment of rent.
Why worry about problem tenants, you have enough to do as a landlord, why not let The Weil Law Group, PA handle your tenant screening, and know when a problem tenant acts up, it is just a phone call, and they are out of there. Better yet, you do not have to worry about a big bill to get them out.
Here is everything you will get when you choose to screen your new tenants with The Weil Law Group, PA:
- 1 Hour Tenant Screening Orientation (To review how the process works, and how you collect the information from your tenants, and what your particular tenant parameters are.)
- Access to our proprietary tenant screening application and questionnaire.
- The highest quality tenant screening available, designed to get you the information you need to make an informed decision about a new tenant.
- Free use of our proprietary, landlord friendly lease, customized for your property.
- Our Free Eviction Guarantee*
*In order to qualify for tenant screening guarantee, you must use The Weil Law Group, PA to screen all potential new tenants at the property. Termination or violation of the tenant screening agreement will result in not be covered by the guarantee. If you choose to approve tenants which were recommended against by The Weil Law Group, PA, the guarantee will not apply. Simple eviction includes removal only, additional costs will be assessed in order to pursue monetary damages for back rent or property damage. For guarantee to apply provided lease must be used, and only the period under the initial lease is covered.
Call For A Free Consultation